What customers are saying "Fast, easy and it works"
SHARK® Classic Series
Gel insulated joints for straight connections
SHARK® Classic Series gel insulated joints can be used to make straight connections on 0.6/1kV
single or multicore low voltage cables with up to four cores.
Thanks to the greater space available inside the joint, the versions without terminal blocks are suitable for the straight connection of single-core cables, and for the connection and insulation of electronic boards and components.
The versions with terminal block allow the straight connection with double insulation of cables with up to five cores and are available with tin-plated aluminium connectors for copper-copper, aluminium-aluminum, and copper-aluminium connections on request.
- Compliant with CEI EN 50393 standard for low voltage joints
- Self-extinguishing in accordance with EN 60695-2-11 standard
- Low smoke and toxic gas emission in accordance with CEI 20-37/2-1 and CEI 20-37/4 standards
- Protection level: equivalent to IPX8 (CEI EN 60529) tested in water at a depth of one metre (CEI EN 50393 par. 8.6.3)
- No accidental contact with live parts: the cable ties supplied prevent the reopening of the joint without the use of tools, as required by CEI 64-8 standard
- Operating temperature: -20° C to 90° C
- Compliant with directive 2011/65/UE (RoHS 2)
- Straight connections of single and multicore cables with up to 5 cores
- Versions without terminal blocks: insulation of joints on multi-paired telecommunications cables and insulation of electronic boards and components
- Installation in cable ducts, underground, overhead, or underwater
- Street lighting systems
- Ready to use
- No resin mixing and casting
- Usable immediately
- Excellent electrical insulation
- Good mechanical resistance
- No expiry date
- 6 sizes for use with a wide range of cables