Industrial copper to fiber Media Converters
Industrial 10/100Base-TX to 100Base-FX Media Converters
The EIR-s-Sx Series is a group of 10/100 copper to 100Mbps fiber unmanaged media converters.LANs can be extended beyond the normal 100 meter limit up to 2km with multi-mode fiber and up to 20km with single-mode fiber. Since data is traveling via fiber, it is protected from ground loop problems and electrical interference present along the cable run.
Extension of LAN distances make it possible to communicate with remotely located Ethernet enabled devices. The application could be as simple as getting data from one end of the warehouse to the other, or tying two buildings together, or enabling communications on a tank farm, or monitoring a SCADA system at a waste water plant.
Extended temperature and voltage specifications allow installation in the toughest environments. These media converters are highly qualified for environmental 10/100BASE Ethernet applications and certified by UL with ISA12.12.01 Class I, Division 2 for use in hazardous locations.
- Class 1/Division 2 rated
- NEMA TS1/TS2 requirements for traffic control equipment
- EN61000-6-2, -3 EMC generic standard immunity for industrial environments
- Rugged metal case, DIN rail mount (optional)
- Wide temperature range ( -40 to +75 ºC)
- Alarm for power or port link failure via relay output (dry contact)
- Redundant 10 to 48 VDC power inputs (via terminal blocks)
- IEC 60068 Vibration resistance, Shock, Free fal